The Kawasaki Motors Europe IT team in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands, is looking for an innovative person who takes initiative and has experience in software development. Not afraid of RPG Free, Java, Oracle and/or SQL? Or learning everything there is to know about them? Do you have a problem-solving mindset? Are you that flexible teamplayer who is willing to do that extra mile? Then we may be looking for you!
You are involved in development of new systems, maintenance of current systems, testing of changes, database or network development, utilities or other projects.
Reports to: Manager Software Development Section
Department structure: Information Systems Department, Software Development Section
Internal communication: Assistant Manager
External communication: Branch Offices, Private Distributors
• A lot of development is done daily by the team. At first you will be supporting the team by taking over test activities and picking up support issues.
• By learning more about the systems and techniques you will become more aware of how the development team operates. You get up to speed and start making small system changes.
End user interview taking and reporting. Planning of development activities for projects in execution phase.
• May participate in all aspects of software development, from detailed programming to high-level system design.
• Programming, testing, debugging and implementation of system components, tools and utilities in accordance with the Kawasaki standards. All this by learning on the job in close collaboration with team members and attending training sessions.
• Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers.
• This role works closely together with team developers, and occasionally with developers based in branch offices throughout Europe as well as temporary programmers contracted for a specific project.
• Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments
• Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• At least 2 years of experience in a software development environment.
• Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline
• Although no specific programming language is required, you should be familiar with the syntax of Java.
• Basic IT fundamentals such as problem solving, complexity analysis.
• Experience with IBM i-Series is a pro.
• Work according to development standards set by the department.
• Good verbal and written English.
• Willing to learn and apply new techniques is a must.
• And you're a motorcycle enthusiast? It's not a basic, not a preferred, no, it's a bonus qualification!